- Course bookings must be made with the booking form. Places may be reserved by telephone but must be confirmed in writing by post or fax within 7 working days
- Full payment must accompany the booking form unless alternative arrangements have been made with the Course Administrator. Where payment has not been received prior to commencement of the course delegates may not be admitted to the course.
- VAT will be charged on all course fees at the current rate.
- Alternative delegates may be substituted at no extra charge provided written notice is received more than 7 working days prior to commencement of the course. Substitutions made within 7 working days of commencement of the course will incur a £5.00 administration fee.
- Cancellations must be made in writing at least 30 working days prior to commencement of the course to qualify for refund. Cancellations made within 30 days of commencement of the course will be subject to the full course fee.
- Joining instructions for all courses will be issued to the delegates' employer. It is the responsibility of the employer to ensure that the delegate is made aware of these instructions, and all other course requirements, before attending the course.
- Due to the nature of our courses good timekeeping is essential and attendance for the whole course is mandatory. Late arrivals may not be admitted to the course. An assessment of knowledge and skills learned on the course will be made prior to the issue of any certificate.
First Aid at Work
- The employer must ensure that all delegates nominated to become First Aider's in the workplace are suitable to carry out the required duties. This may include:
- Immediate release from normal duties to respond to an emergency situation
- Ability to cope with physically demanding procedures
- Aptitude to cope with stressful situations
- Good communication skills
- Delegates who are unable to meet these requirements, or who fail to meet the assessment criteria set for the course, will not be awarded a certificate and will not be able to act as a First Aider in the workplace
- The employer must ensure that delegates attending the 2 day First Aid at Work Refresher course are in possession of a current First Aid at Work certificate, valid up to and including the first day of the course.
To enable us to treat all delegates fairly it would be greatly appreciated if delegates with special needs would advise us in advance. ABC Response Training will endeavour to accommodate the particular requirements of all delegates provided sufficient notice is given. This may for example allow for modifications to course material (eg large print), access to training facilities (eg lift, ramps) or the provision of specialist equipment and personnel (eg Signers). Delegates may speak directly to our Course Administrator in confidence in advance of the course.
NB The cost of providing specialist equipment or personnel will be charged to the organisation requesting the training.
Companies requesting 'in-company' courses will be required to provide a venue suitable to the course that is to be run. In general, rooms should be well lit, comfortably heated, have adequate power points and ventilation, and be free from distraction. For the outdoor courses, a suitable outdoor working area should be provided in conjunction to an indoor facility. Nearby facilities must include male and female toilets, a refreshment area and car parking. Fire exits must be available and evacuation procedures clearly displayed. Additional appropriate rooms may be required to allow for the private assessment of delegates at the end of the course.
In the unlikely event that you should be dissatisfied with any aspect of our service this should be brought to the immediate attention of your course instructor. If he/she is unable to resolve the situation to your satisfaction then the matter should be referred without delay to: The Course Administrator, ABC Response Training, 12 Ashlea Grove, Grotton, Saddleworth. OL4 4LE.